The U.S. Census Bureau and nan U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis announced coming that nan goods and services deficit was $61.5 cardinal successful November, down $16.3 cardinal from $77.8 cardinal successful October, revised.
Next release: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
(°) Statistical value is not applicable aliases not measurable. Data adjusted for seasonality but not value changes
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis; U.S. International Trade successful Goods and Services, January 5, 2023
Exports, Imports, and Balance (exhibit 1)
November exports were $251.9 billion, $5.1 cardinal little than October exports. November imports were $313.4 billion, $21.5 cardinal little than October imports.
The November alteration successful nan equipment and services shortage reflected a alteration successful nan equipment shortage of $15.3 cardinal to $84.1 cardinal and an summation successful nan services surplus of $1.0 cardinal to $22.5 billion.
Year-to-date, nan equipment and services shortage accrued $120.1 billion, aliases 15.7 percent, from nan aforesaid play successful 2021. Exports accrued $439.4 cardinal aliases 18.9 percent. Imports accrued $559.5 cardinal aliases 18.1 percent.
Three-Month Moving Averages (exhibit 2)
The mean equipment and services shortage decreased $1.4 cardinal to $71.2 cardinal for nan 3 months ending successful November.
- Average exports decreased $3.3 cardinal to $255.8 cardinal successful November.
- Average imports decreased $4.7 cardinal to $327.0 cardinal successful November.
Year-over-year, nan mean equipment and services shortage decreased $3.7 cardinal from nan 3 months ending successful November 2021.
- Average exports accrued $33.9 cardinal from November 2021.
- Average imports accrued $30.2 cardinal from November 2021.
Exports (exhibits 3, 6, and 7)
Exports of equipment decreased $5.3 cardinal to $170.8 cardinal successful November.
Exports of equipment connected a Census ground decreased $4.9 billion.
- Industrial supplies and materials decreased $3.6 billion.
- Natural state decreased $1.6 billion.
- Nonmonetary golden decreased $0.8 billion.
- Crude lipid decreased $0.6 billion.
- Capital equipment decreased $1.3 billion.
- Civilian craft decreased $0.5 billion.
- Consumer equipment accrued $0.9 billion.
- Pharmaceutical preparations accrued $1.2 billion.
Net equilibrium of payments adjustments decreased $0.4 billion.
Exports of services accrued $0.2 cardinal to $81.0 cardinal successful November.
- Other business services accrued $0.1 billion.
- Telecommunications, computer, and accusation services accrued $0.1 billion.
- Charges for nan usage of intelligence spot accrued $0.1 billion.
- Travel decreased $0.2 billion.
Imports (exhibits 4, 6, and 8)
Imports of equipment decreased $20.7 cardinal to $254.9 cardinal successful November.
Imports of equipment connected a Census ground decreased $20.6 billion.
- Consumer equipment decreased $8.8 billion.
- Pharmaceutical preparations decreased $2.9 billion.
- Cell phones and different family equipment decreased $2.7 billion.
- Industrial supplies and materials decreased $3.7 billion.
- Crude lipid decreased $1.7 billion.
- Automotive vehicles, parts, and engines decreased $3.3 billion.
- Passenger cars decreased $1.6 billion.
- Other automotive parts and accessories decreased $1.0 billion.
- Capital equipment decreased $3.0 billion.
- Computers decreased $1.1 billion.
- Telecommunications instrumentality decreased $0.7 billion.
Net equilibrium of payments adjustments decreased $0.1 billion.
Imports of services decreased $0.8 cardinal to $58.5 cardinal successful November.
- Transport decreased $0.7 billion.
- Travel decreased $0.4 billion.
- Charges for nan usage of intelligence spot accrued $0.2 billion.
Real Goods successful 2012 Dollars – Census Basis (exhibit 11)
The existent equipment shortage decreased $15.9 cardinal to $97.1 cardinal successful November.
- Real exports of equipment decreased $4.0 cardinal to $154.1 billion.
- Real imports of equipment decreased $20.0 cardinal to $251.3 billion.
Revisions to October exports
- Exports of equipment were revised up $0.2 billion.
- Exports of services were revised up $0.2 billion.
Revisions to October imports
- Imports of equipment were revised down little than $0.1 billion.
- Imports of services were revised up $0.1 billion.
Goods by Selected Countries and Areas: Monthly – Census Basis (exhibit 19)
The November figures show surpluses, successful billions of dollars, pinch South and Central America ($5.3), Netherlands ($2.4), Hong Kong ($1.6), United Kingdom ($1.2), Australia ($1.0), Singapore ($1.0), Brazil ($0.5), and Belgium ($0.1). Deficits were recorded, successful billions of dollars, pinch China ($20.4), European Union ($19.5), Mexico ($10.9), Vietnam ($8.5), Germany ($7.2), Ireland ($5.6), Japan ($5.6), Taiwan ($4.1), South Korea ($3.7), Canada ($3.5), Italy ($3.4), Malaysia ($3.1), India ($2.3), Switzerland ($1.3), Saudi Arabia ($0.9), Israel ($0.7), and France ($0.6).
- The shortage pinch China decreased $5.8 cardinal to $20.4 cardinal successful November. Exports decreased $0.1 cardinal to $13.5 cardinal and imports decreased $5.8 cardinal to $33.9 billion.
- The shortage pinch nan European Union decreased $3.6 cardinal to $19.5 cardinal successful November. Exports decreased $0.3 cardinal to $28.5 cardinal and imports decreased $3.9 cardinal to $48.0 billion.
- The shortage pinch Switzerland accrued $0.8 cardinal to $1.3 cardinal successful November. Exports decreased $1.8 cardinal to $3.0 cardinal and imports decreased $1.0 cardinal to $4.2 billion.
All statistic referenced are seasonally adjusted; statistic are connected a equilibrium of payments ground unless different specified. Additional statistics, including not seasonally adjusted statistic and specifications for equipment connected a Census basis, are disposable successful exhibits 1-20b of this release. For accusation connected information sources, definitions, and revision procedures, spot nan explanatory notes successful this release. The afloat merchandise tin beryllium recovered astatine www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Press-Release/current_press_release/index.html aliases www.bea.gov/data/intl-trade-investment/international-trade-goods-and-services. The afloat schedule is disposable successful nan Census Bureau's Economic Briefing Room astatine www.census.gov/economic-indicators/ aliases connected BEA's website astatine www.bea.gov/news/schedule.
Next release: February 7, 2023, astatine 8:30 a.m. EST
U.S. International Trade successful Goods and Services, December and Annual 2022
Change to nan Euro Area
With nan merchandise of nan "U.S. International Trade successful Goods and Services" study (FT-900) connected March 8, 2023, statistic for nan area grouping "Euro Area" will see Croatia, which adopted nan euro arsenic its rate effective January 1, 2023. This alteration will impact grounds 14 of nan FT-900 and grounds 4 of nan FT-900 Supplement.
If you person questions aliases request further information, please interaction nan Census Bureau, Economic Indicators Division, International Trade Macro Analysis Branch, connected (800) 549-0595, action 4, aliases astatine [email protected] aliases BEA, Balance of Payments Division, astatine [email protected].